What Can I Treat?
While renowned for treating spinal problems, Osteopaths treat ALL body parts such as muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints from head to toe. The list below may help to give an indication of the variety of conditions that we can treat. The list is not extensive so please do call if you are in any doubt as to whether we can help with your ailment. I am only too happy to discuss your problem with you and the suitability of osteopathy.
Please note that this list may be helpful as a quick reference, but it is important to realise that osteopaths believe in treating the patient primarily and not just the condition. Each individual is different and brings different physical, mental and social issues to the treatment room. As a result each patient will respond differently to treatment and therefore it is important that the treatment is tailor made for you.
- Neck related headaches or dizziness
- Muscle Spasms/ Inability to relax
- Acute mechanical neck pain
- Chronic mechanical neck pain
- Shoulder girdle pain/dysfunction *
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) *
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) *
- Acute mechanical lower back pain
- Chronic mechanical lower back pain
- Hip osteoarthritis
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Knee pain
- Plantar fasciitis ( pain in the sole of the foot)
- Joint and rheumatic pains
- General aches and pains
- Sports injuries
- Digestion problems
- Circulatory problems
(*Arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck )